So you’re looking for ways to enhance security of your home and I’m glad that you decided to start off with door security bar. You deserve to feel safe in your home but it is a fact that there’s a home intrusion in the US every 13 seconds of everyday. But that doesn’t mean you won’t have to live your life to the fullest.
Most doors are equipped with fragile traditional door locks that are simple to kick open. The best way to fortify your entry points against determined intruders is to equip your doors with a security bar. This article will reveal 5 ingenious benefits of door security bar. You’ll find how security bar can help you in protecting your enclosures’ entry points.
Although with all such home security systems, alarms, and cameras you can protect your residential homes or office buildings. But that doesn’t make your home is entirely impenetrable. Once criminals have got access to your security system, they can easily disable all of such safety features. Thus, you still require some physical means and security bar is your first line of defense.
You lock your doors at night so that thieves won’t make attempt for break-ins. But are your doors that strong to keep out intruders? Surely your door needs a bit of bracing in the shape of door security bar.
Security Bar – your first line of defense against intrusion
Door security bars are the most secure type of door bracing system that enables you to barricade any door. They can prevent forced break-ins even in the most vulnerable part of your home. Though there are a lot of models and sizes available in the market to match the door type and size.
Don’t let fear dictate your life
Here are the top 5 benefits of using a door bar security bracing system:
- Portable and lightweight: Most door security bars are portable and lightweight. Some models only weight around a pound and they are easily collapsed to a portable size of about 2 feet so, it is very easy to install and handle.
- Added Security: Although they are light weight and portable but when properly implemented can provide hundreds of pounds of resistance against brute force.
- Fits well: These door security bars extend at a 45 degree angle making it a perfect fit for the doorknob. Most of the models come with adjustable lengths and of different widths ranging from 38-43 inches. The bottom angle produces tension between the door and the floor. A quality door security bar easily fits in and it only take a minute or two for any handyman.
- Stronger resistance: Most door security bars are made with sturdy steel and metal that made it stronger than other door bracing options. They provide a wider angle of resistance and fit in perfectly with the door handles.
- Inexpensive but effective: You might be wondering why you would need a door security bar when you have already installed a heavy duty door with strong locks. Seasoned intruders can easily break all such kind of door locks. So by using these door security bars you are providing an additional layer of security which is light on your pocket.