It has been estimated that a home burglary happens in every 14 seconds in the United States. If you spend 10 minutes to read this article, around 40 homes across the country will get burglarized within that time. Therefore, almost all the homeowners are looking for convenient methods to strengthen the security of their homes and keep them away from the eyes of burglars. Here are some effective tips that you can follow in order to keep your home safe from burglars.
- Do not advertise your vacation – Most of the robberies take place when the homeowners are out of their homes. How can they get to know that you are out of home for some time? The things you do can help them to get some hints. For example, there are some people who advertise their vacations on social media networks. You can think about uploading those lovely photos to your Facebook account after returning back. The main objective of not advertising your vacation on social media is to make sure your house doesn’t look uninhabited. You can also think about setting a lights timer when you go out on a vacation to keep it lighted during night time.
- Landscape strategically– A couple of pruned trees, some thorny plants or bushes and a well-placed motion sensor light can do wonders to you in terms of home security. They will add more color to your home as well. If you haven’t moved into a home yet, check a most dangerous cities report and decide if the location is right for you. The objective of this is to make sure home more visible and make the life harder for burglars to get into your place.
- Secure your windows and deadbolt your doors – Secured windows and strong deadbolt locks can discourage burglars and it can make their jobs a little harder. Therefore, it is better to make sure that all your external windows and doors are dead bolted and locked from inside. A local handyman will assist you to get them installed for a very low price.
- Install a home alarm system – A wide range of home alarm systems are out there in the market and you can think about investing your money on a basic alarm siren. If you go through alarm system reviews website, you will be able to get a better understanding about the types of alarms that exist out there. However, it is always recommended to stick to a company that has a fast response time.
- Visible door and window locks – Almost all the burglars get into your home through the door or window. Therefore, providing a first line deterrent like sturdy locks will be a great thing to do in order to enhance the security. You should not be frugal with your locks. You can get the help of your local locksmith to get to know about the strongest locks for your home.
The effectiveness of these tips are proven and you can try anyone of them to strengthen the security of your home without a doubt on mind.