In days when people are moving towards more personalized approach on safety and precautions, medical alert systems have taken the center stage. A medical alert system is a simple device that will take care of any medical emergency with utmost precision by immediately contacting for emergency services. This is done through a simple pendant device and a home station which calls the monitoring systems of the emergency service provider. By a simple press of a button, an emergency message is sent through whereby the care specialists on the other end will make arrangements for medical services to be taken to you. This ensures safety and reduces the tragedy in case of a life-threatening situation.
Medical alert systems are well suited for the elderly and people with disabilities. It is also recommended for people with chronic illnesses which warrant constant care. A medical alert system can be a life saver in case of accidents and falls which could lead to fractures. Elderly people can rely on this device to get the help that they need in case of a high risk fall. Chronic illnesses and medical conditions such as a heart attack, which require immediate attention can be addressed effectively through a medical alert system which will summon for emergency services.
How a medical alert system works
A personal medical alarm system is a device that calls for emergency medical services by pressing the button on the pendant device. This will send a call through the base station to the monitoring center where your information is kept. The personnel at the monitoring system will answer the call and speak to you or your loved one. In case you cannot speak, he or she will immediately dispatch emergency service to your home for medical attention. They will also contact your family or neighbors who can come to check on you.
How to choose the best medical alert system service
There are numerous service providers like medical guardian, alert-1medical systems, philips life alert system with respective alert system devices. It is therefore important to compare medical alert systems before settling on a particular choice to ensure that you get the best quality service and value. Certain features enable other services to perform at a higher level. When choosing the best medical alert system service, look out for the following mandatory features;
- Check-in service- this is a routine test that ensures your device is running as it should. This eliminates any inconvenience in case of a real emergency. Most service providers will conduct check-in routines to ensure that everything is okay.
- Voice extension- a voice extension enhances reachability in case of an emergency that occurs while you are far away from the home station. It includes powerful speakers and microphones that ensure you can be heard even when you are far away.
- Wall mounted devices- apart from having a pendant or wrist device, a wall-mounted device increases convenience in case you remove your wrist or pendant when showering or sleeping. You can easily access it to call for help when emergencies occur.
- Durability and comfort- the pendant should be comfortable to wear and also resistant to breakage and wear. This is important since the device is your safety carrier and should last for as long as is needed.
- Multiple medical monitoring-a multi-person medical monitoring device ensures that an elderly couple can share the same base station without having to pay additional costs for two. This is applicable for certain providers such as Lifestation.
Benefits of a medical alert system
Apart from giving you the peace of mind that you need, a personal medical alarm system does much more in improving your safety and health condition. Here are some benefits of having one
- More independence- independence and choice is vital for quality life and medical alert systems certainly enable you to enjoy both. Family members will not leave their elderly loved ones in nursing facilities since their safety is guaranteed with the personal alert system. They can stay assured that everything is catered for in case of an emergency.
- Costs saving- eliminates the costs associated with elderly care which are much more than the monthly subscriptions for medical alert systems.
- Provides immediate emergency response- the medical attention provided is made as swift as possible. In such times, every minute is precious and a possible life saver. With this being the principle of operation, such is the importance of real time response.
Medical alert systems reviews
There’s too much false promises and scams out there which claim to be authentic. To be able to pick the right device becomes a daunting task, and only informed people will reap the benefits of their investment. Fortunately, medalertsystems.net had done a thorough research to determine the best medical alert system service providers. Here, the reviews are customer-oriented and provide insight that is independent and honest.
These comprehensive reviews will give you details and prospects of a certain medical alert system device before you can decide to buy one. The suitability is important in order for you to enjoy great value for your money and also get the assurance of safety in case of an emergency.